Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Walk Through Salemi

So after our snack we walked back to our new home. We all had some wine and beer and chatted. Everyone then left and walked back towards the square and went to a pizzeria. The Pizza was very good. It was flat a lot like NY style. It was kind of sweet and the thing that made it taste the most differet then pizza in the USA was that it tasted fresh. I know dumb right but the best i can explain is that it tasted fresh. I also had a fried Olive. I had never had that before, it was so yummy. Who would have thought that Italy has a fried that an America had never tried.  After a delicious and filling meal we all walked back home. However, before making it home I had to stop got my Galato!!!! and then Leah and another guy on our dig, Robert tried some too. I ordered by myself in Italian and payed using Euros. I can't really explain how good it was, but a girl on our field school said it best when she said “It is kind of like Caulver's only a hundred times better.  So lets just say that i will be eating a lot of it before i return to the states. After our walk back with our Ice cream, i was so tiered. I took a shower in the dark “light doesn't work in the shower room” it was so relaxing. I then got into my bed told Leah goodnight and was asleep as soon as i closed my eyes. So here ends my first day in Sicily.

3 comments:

  1. I remember in Europe people NEVER let the water run during the whole shower. They just turn it on to get wet, then turn it off to soap up and shave, etc and then just turn it on to rinse off! Pizza sounded fantastic! I was drooling over your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being an ice cream lover I am going to have to find someplace that makes Gelato. It is supposed to be made with fresh fruits or nuts and less milk fat than ice cream giving it an explosive flavor. What flavors does your gelateria make?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yumm Kate the food sound to die for i think if i went that is a would do i would not care how fat i got it would be worth it everything sounds so amazing and the pics are so so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete