Thursday, June 9, 2011

Palermo For An Hour

So after a few hours of attempting sleeping. A few movies available in both Italian or English. We landed in Roma. We traveled through security and found our gate and waited. It seems like we waited a lot on this trip. We wait to check our bags, wait to get through security, wait to board, wait to take off.... it just never ends. But someone very wise told me once that the best approach to flying is to be relaxed, act like in not in a hurry even when you are. And i'll tell u what thats exactly what i did. So once we boarded a much smaller plane to to the city Palermo. At this point I was really exhausted, i fell asleep on my pull out tray before we even took off and woke up right as we landed. So my flight details are a little hazy. However, the view when we landed was gorgeous. Mountainous, and little houses covering every hill, vineyards, palm trees, fur trees, and cactus. Still not sure hows thats possible.... This city is called Palermo, it is also the capital of Sicily. 

Once in Palermo, we went to baggage claim, where we waited and waited and to our horror our bags never arrived. So another flight from Rome was due in a hour so we waited to see if it might be on that flight. And low and behold Leah's bag came, but not mine. So i went to lost baggage and gave them my information. Three other people where also at the lost baggage center too all with lost bags from Rome. After i finished up at the lost baggage center the man told me another flight had come in and i should run check. And good thing i did cause there was my bag! I was so relived the thought of living of the one set of clothes i had in my carry on was not a pleasant one.  The women waiting with me also found her lost bag as well. Its really true when they tell you Italy runs on a different time schedule. No rush just wait and see. This is something I am really learning to love it.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great blog. I love all of the detail. I can picture you waiting to find your lost bags!! So glad you got them. That would have been terrible to lose!

    ReplyDelete