Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Long Journy


So people kept asking me are you nervous and i was like honestly i really wasn't. But that all changed soon as i stepped in to the airport. I was so excited and nervous about going somewhere new for so long!! I have never been away from home that long. Leah's older sisters drove us to O'Hare Saturday afternoon where we boarded a plane that took us to Rome. The flight was so long!!! While waiting to board our plane i was going over my phase book practicing my Italian, and this older Italian couple sitting across from me even helped me out. It was so funny i think they where making fun of my horrible attempt at pronunciation cause they kept saying “its ok most Italians will speak English.”  But i do not care i am determined to master at least the basics when I'm there.

So after me and Leah boarded the plane and settled in for a the long ride, the plane was delayed for about an hour do to rain. However, we where up in the air soon enough and soaring to our destination about as fast as my excitement was rising. I have come to the realization that there is just no possible way to get comfortable in an airplane seat. Period.  At one point I caught a glimpse of First class when waiting to use the bathroom. I was totally jealous I bet they where able to get comfy. So now i have decided i must fly first class at least once in my life. However, on this said trip to the bathroom my pillow was stoled. Yet thats right someone stole my complementary pillow when i went to the bathroom!! I mean who does that? I finally found the culprit one row ahead of us, an older Italian lady had two pillows. I mean come on people, so needless to say I was pillowless for half the flight as well. They did serve this amazing juice its called blood orange juice. It was amazing.  It was my favorite part of that flight :) And bonus i guess they will be serving a lot of it at the field school also yay!

2 comments:

  1. How awesome Kate! How long was the flight? Just going to London felt like forever!!! I can't believe someone took your pillow!! That's terrible! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. evil pillow stealers u gotta watch out for them

    ReplyDelete