Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Trip To Erice

Caio my dear bloggers. Saturday we got to sleep in a little. We didn't have to start digging till 8, you would be surprised what an extra hour of sleep can do to you over here. Today everyone went to the dig site and I worked on the same stuff as yesterday. I screened mostly, i took buckets of soil that they dug up and dumped it in to a giant screen and shook all the dirt out, then i picked out pottery, bone, and metal. I did find a piece of terra seggalata, its this red glaze the Roman used. I was so proud of myself for recognizing what it was. We all dug till noon then went to the house and we had some free time till about 3:30 when we leave for Erice?? I did my chores, washed laundry with Leah, then worked on my field journal its due Sunday.  After that i got all cleaned up but on a nice dress and we all left for Erice. Erice is a city on top of a mountain. It had an old castle, which we got to tour. Then we went shopping down these old streets, and had dinner. It was a really cute town a little more touristy then Salemi. They had all these cute little pastry places so a few girls shared a Cannoli. And yes Liz,  they are way better here then the one we had in  NYC. The ride up the Mountain was so beautiful i took a billion pictures but they don't do it justice. After dinner we drove back to Salemi. We got back around 11 and the town was having some kind of festival thing so a bunch of people where out. So a bunch of us girls all went out for drinks in Salemi. It was fun very girlie, after drinks we stopped for galato of course. It was like the best day, we dug, shopped, and had ice cream. I think i could die now with no regrets, except maybe wishing i had more galato haha.


1 comment:

  1. man now I have to go there just to eat a Cannoli and see for myself yummmm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete