Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Anther Day In Sicily

So today i finally think i have the hang of the rhythm of things. I spent the day at LCZ (plaza/piatsa) We had a back hoe and a driver. The back hoe opened the site a bit more and dug up the concrete and cobble stone road. A few of of the student and me hauled the ruble away. We then broke for lunch and i went back to the lab with Leah and Kelly(another student) and we cleaned and labeled pottery till 5:30. After that a bunch of us all went to the Internet cafe. First time i was able to get online. It took me a awhile to get used to the different keyboard. Also certain things on the screen like copy and paste are in Italian and i could not figure out how to change it. But still it was great to be on FB. Its weird bu ti really miss seeing what everyone is up too. So please feel free to post on my FB wall or send me a message, i love hearing from back home.  So after the cafe i went home and ate some yet again delicious dinner. So funny thing everyday i dig all i do is clean the sites or haul dirt/rubble. I am the only student that hasn't had a chance to actually dig up anything interesting. Everyday as soon as i leave the site, the next group that replaces finds something litterary just inches under where i was told to stop clearing, and move to a new site or the lab. Its ind of funny the TAs and Dr. Kolb keep telling me don't worry you will be able to dig “instead of clearing” tomorrow. I think they feel bad that they keep moving me and sending me to do the manual labor. But to be honest i don't mind i know ill get a chance soon enough. Besides I'm getting some serious muscles haha.   Well i got to go study i have that pottery test tomorrow. Bye for now... Caio.


No comments:

Post a Comment