Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Beach And Ruins

June 19th 2011

Sunday came to early this week. I was up at 8 to make it to church by 9. Mass was at a different church this week, it was smaller but still very nice. After church we all packed up and drove out to Selinunte. Which is a huge ruin of old Greek temples and acropolis. It was very hot!! But, the ruins were amazing.  After Selinunte we went to the beach that was right next to the ruins. The water at this place wasn't as warm as the first beach. But i laid out in the sun and worked out on my tan. After the beach we went home, and i took a little nap. After that we had made reservations at a very fancy restaurant so we got dressed up and drove to the place. The restaurant was out in the country side, and it had a huge garden and patio attached to it. Deno our cook actually works at this place so oblivious we knew it was gonna be good. But seriously the food was surreal. I have never had a meal that good in my entire life. We had pasta, snails, quail, lamb, wine, eggplant, and the list goes on the food never seemed to end. I had never been so full, i was even still full the next morning. We got back from dinner around 10:30 so i went strait to bed. I love Salemi. I only have two weeks left but i don't ever want to leave this place.


No comments:

Post a Comment