Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sick

June 23th 2011

Ok so last night, was literally the worst. I woke up with a fever and chills. I had a killer headache. It was awful. When i finally got out of bed, i dosed up on ibuprofen and prepared for a long day. I told Dr. Kolb that i wasn’t feeling well and he said i could stay back if i wanted to, but i was feeling better after i ate and took the medicine. So today was first day of having third shift. I was in the lab first which was pretty good. I didn’t feel great mostly just tired. After lunch we switched and i went to the dig site. I was pretty good most of the morning. However once the sun came out my body went down hill. I felt so sick. At the end of the day i mainly just helped screen and pass buckets. At one point i was practically falling asleep in a pit while waiting for buckets to pass. My group was the one that was supposed to get to go to the beach today. But i told Kolb i needed to sleep. So i stayed home and slept till dinner. I felt much better after my nap. Dr. Kolb said i may have just had heat exhaustion. I was out in the sun a lot yesterday and i know i didn't drink nearly enough. Well i hope tomorrow i feel a better.

No comments:

Post a Comment