Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Mass In Italian

Well Sunday I went to church in Salemi. It was very interesting i understood close to nothing. The church was very beautiful. This Sunday someone was have a baptism and we got to see that too so that was cool. The weirdest thing was that mass was very casual people where letting their kids run around people would walk in and out. I was a little worried about what to wear to church, i made sure my dress was conservative and i wore a sweater over it also. But I shouldn't have worried, most of the young women wore high stilettos and really short dresses like the kind of thing we in the states would wear to a dance club. After church we all got in the car and drove to Segesta. Segesta is a acheological site, it has the only standing Greek temple left in the world. It was so cool, it was the oldest thing I have every seen. After touring a bit we dove to the beach. I love the beach. It was beautiful, the waves where so fun to play in, and the water was really warm. The view when i looked to the coast was almost as beautiful as the Sea. Mountains and houses tucked all around it was so beautiful I never wanted to leave. Unfortunately they made me :( So after the beach we drove back to Salemi, and had some pizza. We got done eating pretty early, so i decided to read a bit. That didn't work out at all I fell asleep after one page. I cant wait till we get to go back to the beach again. A domani


No comments:

Post a Comment